I don’t know you, but you seem like the ambitious sort. Door to door sales is tiresome work, after all. You must be doing it in order to earn some money, so I thought you might find these tips profitable.
- After dark may not be the best time to approach the house of someone you do not know in order to sell something they may not want.
- If you do continue to go door to door after dark, please, turn your cap around. The “gangsta” look doesn’t make me want to trust you. That style might be more effective if you’re going for the “bouncer at a night club” look, but when trying to sell detergent to a housewife, not so much.
- Also, pull up your pants. I didn’t want to say anything last night, but, dude, I could totally see your underwear!
- You really don’t need those combat boots in this neighborhood. The terrain here is pretty mild if you stay on the sidewalks. Honestly, they make you look….well, combative. It may have been the yelling that added to that perception, though.
- That brings me to my final tip. When someone smiles and says, “No, thank you,” “THANKS FOR BEING RUDE, LADY!!” isn’t going to get you very far in sales. I’m not sure what your trainer told you, but I probably won’t be the last person who tells you “no,” and there may even be someone who doesn’t include the “thank you.” You might want to do an attitude check before you go much farther, in life, as well as sales.
- OK, that last one was my next to the last tip. Here is my real last tip. Walmart is hiring. So is Radio Shack and Sonic. Door to door sales is not the line of work for you. In fact, it’s pretty much a dying trade. There are better ways to make money, and you probably won’t scare the neighborhood ladies while you’re at it. Just be prepared. There may be someone who answers, “no,” when you ask, “Would you like to super size that?”