Have you heard of Funfetti cake? It’s a special kind of cake mix that has sprinkles in the mix to make the inside of the cake look like confetti.
If you would like a Funfetti cake, but don’t have any Funfetti cake mix, here is how you can make your own:
- Use a plain old white cake mix. You can use store bought, but sometimes we make our own.
- After the batter is all mixed up, and just before you put it in the oven, add in a quarter cup of the oblong rainbow sprinkles. Make sure you use the oblong sprinkles. The little balls don’t work nearly as well.
See? It looks just like a cake made with the store bought Funfetti cake mix.
White cake mix recipe:
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
2. Cut in shortening until fine crumbs are formed.
3. Add eggs, milk, and vanilla.
4.Beat at low speed for 1 minute, then high for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl frequently. (Egg whites may be beaten separately before adding to mix for a lighter cake.)
5. Bake at 350 for 25-30 min.
See more of our recipes and craft projects at these links: