Spring Fashion Show

Comments

1. Lockwoods says:

Oh…you did a great job~! They look so nice and spring-like! What a precious family!
    Happy Easter!

2. Smockity Frocks says:

Thank you, Janie. It’s supposed to snow here tomorrow! :P

3. Anonymous says:

WOW!! Just beautiful!!

~Leah in Alaska~

4. the momma says:

Oh, Connie ~ these are just super!!!
    nothing like covering up a gorgeous easter dress with your not-so-adorable snow coat :-)

Blessings ~ tracy

5. Oh my gosh they all look so cute! I can’t believe you made those-I am inspired to give sewing a try again. Oh! And I found an outfit that will work for my Toddler’s baptism-I got a cotton robe from the baby section of wal-mart and then bleached it. It was yellow, and now it is a nice cream-I think a few more times and it will be a nice white. Then I found a little Cross patch at Jo Ann’s fabric store (here in NC) and I am going to iron that on. Yay!

6. Wonderful job Connie!! They are so beautiful.

7. What a wonderful job, Connie! They all look so cute.

Do you think your son has any idea of the beauty that surrounds him?

My mom and I are going to make matching dresses for the girls for summer….just didn’t get to it for spring. I’m having a harder time now that my oldest is 12 – she needs grown woman patterns – but most of them aren’t practical for a girl. (Or for a grown woman for that matter.)

Blessed Easter!

8. Smockity Frocks says:

Thanks, everyone!

Holly, I had a hard time with shoes for MaddieLynn. She needs adult sizes, but not styles. I finally found some Mary Jane style flats.

The pattern she is wearing is a children’s size 12, 14, 16 (I think). Wouldn’t that fit your daughter? You can also get children’s patterns in half sizes for children who aren’t slim. I have a children’s pattern size 16 1/2 that I have made for myself.

9. That is a good idea, Connie. My daughter is a little bigger than I am! She already wears a woman’s size 8. Her foot is bigger than mine, as well. I can’t believe she is only 12!

I know that patterns run larger, too, so there is the potential that some of the older ones in particular might fit. I just need to look further. She’s grown so FAST! Unreal!

10. You did such a great job. They all looked so nice this morning! And it didn’t snow today. :)

11. Simple Journeys says:

Adorable outfits–precious family!

12. Smockity Frocks says:

Oh, Holly! You have tall kids! But, mine are all small for their ages, so I guess that’s just what I am used to. My husband is 6’5″. You’d think ONE of them would take after him! (I’m rooting for the son…)

13. They look wonderful!! And yes, once again just for Easter we get a cold front:( Hope you all had a wonderful Easter.

14. They all look wonderful – you did a great job! I laughed so hard at your sleeve dilemma – my mum did the same thing one Christmas with pajama bottoms for my dad – sewed the legs together! Too funny!

15. Connie, they are so cute! You did a great job! So did it snow? Hugs, Elizabeth

16. Anonymous says:

Wow, Connie, you worked so hard! I do so admire ladies who can sew. I wonder if I’ll ever get there. Those dresses are so sweet and cheerful. And that fine boy thrown in there for variety… what a neat bunch. : )

~ Ruthanne

17. Okay – it’s been said but I’ll say it again – What a great job you did on the dresses! They are so sweet! But believe me, I can just imagine with all that gathering you must have gotten pretty tired of it after the second or third one! ;-)
    And the fabric you used for the bodice is the same fabric I used to make a jumper for a friend’s granddaughter last year. Too Cute!

18. The kids look adorable!

19. A Hopeful Hollar says:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!

20. The Estrogen Files says:

Gorgeous family!! Happy Spring and Easter!