I have heard it is bound to happen from time to time and this is that time. The well of my vast story telling mind is as dry as an Arizona wind.
Since my husband keeps hounding me to "POST SOMETHING ALREADY," I am reduced to giving you the random thoughts that bump around in my head.
This is for you, Honey:
- Want to add more chaos to your home? Easy! Add a piano and an 8 year old girl who feels NO COMPULSION WHATEVER to stop practicing "Oh, Susannah" for the recital in May even though the dogs are barking, the baby is crying, the phone is ringing, the 3 year old needs wiping, and the 6 year old can't find her shoes because someone TOOK her shoes!
- We have a shoe thief in our neighborhood. Whenever anyone in our house can't find shoes (this should be interpreted as: Every Day) it is because someone TOOK them!
- Wouldn't you think the best way to store shoes is side by side, as a pair? Only if you don't enjoy the daily adventure of searching for the other shoe. In our house, we like to keep each shoe in a different room every day to make the search more challenging.
- Why do a 2 year old's legs develop the muscle tone of limp linguine when the family is late for church and Mommy is trying to put on her shoes? Weren't those the same legs that repeatedly kicked the fire out of Mommy while sleeping next to her last night?
- It only took me 13 years and 7 children, but I may have stumbled upon an easy way for little ones to put their shoes on the right feet without help. I'll save that for another post, though. Hey, I've got to keep something back for tomorrow! (Go here to see that post.)