- Smockity Frocks - http://www.smockityfrocks.com -
Tips on Ginger Bread Houses by Jackson
Posted By Smockity Frocks On April 6, 2008 @ 12:45 pm In Crafts,Family,Homeschool | 3 Comments
You may remember from this post that we build gingerbread houses every year during the Christmas holidays. My son proudly holds the Grand Champion title 2 years in a row. He is already planning his house for next year so he can make it 3 in a row.
He wanted to share this list of tips that he hand wrote in his “Top Secret Gingerbread Plans” notebook:
1. Ask everyone not to copy your ideas, so when the judges come yours will be one of a kind.
2. Make plans way before the day of the contest so you can
add stuff and you won’t be desperate for ideas.
3. Keep your ideas in a place where only you know where they are so no one else can copy them. That way yours will be special. :o)
4. Make a lot of ideas to choose from. If you have 2 different ideas that you like. You have to decide what parts you like and then you can put parts you like together.
5. Ask your mom to give you ideas for your house. With more than one opinion, you can mix ideas. (Quick question: “Why should he be giving me advice?” you might ask. Simple. I have won Grand Prize 2 years in a row. That makes me an expert!)
6. Make the house feel like you. It’s pretty simple. Make the house how you would like it if you lived in it.
7. Also, make the house you by making your dream house. Trust me. It will get you more points.
8. Make it happy. Make your house cheerful and happy. Make it have bright colors. That will help it look cheerful. :o)
9. Someone might say, “Do what ever pops up in your head.” Nonsense! Go into the contest with a plan. After you have done everything in your plan, then you can do whatever pops up in your head.
10. Come up with new ideas for your house. Do not do the same thing over and over. If you do, everyone will know what you will be doing.
11. If you have something that is from last year that you want to do, go right ahead and do it, but change something so it won’t be totally the same.
12. The most important things to remember:
• Make it happy.
• Make it you.
• Get more than one opinion.
• Mix ideas that are good.
• These tips are not to tell you what to do. They are to help you.
• Start making your plans a long time before the contest.
Article printed from Smockity Frocks: http://www.smockityfrocks.com
URL to article: http://www.smockityfrocks.com/2008/04/tips-on-ginger-bread-houses-by-jackson.html
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smockityfrocks.com%2F2008%2F04%2Ftips-on-ginger-bread-houses-by-jackson.html&media=http%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F_O4O44WfWqoU%2FR_kato3C0oI%2FAAAAAAAAA8s%2FOiEqPZ56GgE%2Fs400%2FDSCF6376.JPG&description=Tips%20on%20Ginger%20Bread%20Houses%20by%20Jackson
 Image: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_O4O44WfWqoU/R_kato3C0oI/AAAAAAAAA8s/OiEqPZ56GgE/s1600-h/DSCF6376.JPG
 this post : http://www.smockityfrocks.com/2008/01/gingerbread-houses.html
Copyright © 2013 Smockity Frocks. All rights reserved.