New! Interview Series

*Have you entered my movie card giveaway?

I have been thinking it would be interesting to post a series of interviews here.

Some I have been thinking about are:

Receiving Cochlear Implants

Caring For Aging Parents

Being a Pastor’s Wife

Caring For a Special Needs Child

Having Siblings For Best Friends

Caring For a Transplant Child

So, what do you think? Would you like to read about what life is like for these folks? Would this series be interesting to anyone?

I am still in the process of getting permission from friends and family to interview them. (If you are thinking you fit into one of these categories, chances are I am working on getting an email to you!) Let me know if you can think of any other interviews you would like to see.

Comments

1. Anonymous says:

Hi Connie, long time lurker, great blog. I had no idea you had such a large beautiful family! It’s Kelly Kile from Highland Oaks! It’s been a long time! In case you didn’t know, I have 3 kids, two are twins, and one of my twins, Grace has Down syndrome. I would be happy to contribute if you need me to. I also have homeschooled my oldest daughter since her sophomore year. She is now a Sr. I enjoy your blog! take care, Kelly, you can also find me on facebook.

2. Smockity Frocks says:

KELLY KILE!!! I had no idea you were stalking me!!! WELCOME! and it is SO good to hear from you! Off to find you on facebook…

3. watchthesky says:

I’d be interested in most things you have in your list. :)
    One that I would LOVE to see up there is something like, ‘Homeschooling – Dyslexic Style’. Hints, tips, how-to’s, and anything else that would be a help in teaching my little ones who struggle in this way.
    And even if you didn’t do any interviews, since you were a teacher maybe you would have some thoughts of your own that you could email me. :) :)

4. not just the caring for special needs, but homeschooling them too. That would be nice LOL, since I have no clue what I’m doing with my special needs little one.

5. Your topics sound very interesting – looking forward to them! And praise God for your sister's successful cochlear implants! I've been meaning to say something to you..that is just such wonderful news! I can't imagine how neat this time must be for her and the rest of your family. Love you all – Lindsey & Dave

6. Pat's Place says:

I could answer questions about taking care of aging parents and also about having siblings for best friends.

7. Pat's Place says:

By the way, I LOVE the idea!

8. Yes. To all of them.

9. What a great idea!! They all sound great:)

10. Elizabeth says:

Yes to all of them as well. My husband and I present workshops for Early Intervention on being the parents of children with special needs (Joubert Syndrome, ASD, & ADHD for 3 of our 4). The first time I went to an Early Intervention Families workshop, it was like being introduced to a whole new congregation!