You may have noticed that there is a li’l shindig going on for women bloggers this weekend in Chicago.
I would like to state for the record that while I am sitting here at home in a stained tee shirt, I am in no way jealous even though those bloggers are getting all manner of free loot in the way of tote bags, cameras, camcorders, printers, laptops, washers, dryers, and more.
Have I mentioned that my camera has a very strong will? And sometimes gives me lip? And that right now it is non-functioning?
TOTALLY NOT JEALOUS, though.
Anyway, I have been following the Twitter Stream of the blogging conference and thought I’d share some third hand information I have gleaned.
- “Fragrance free” is a term loved by the “green” bloggers, but it is unregulated by the Federal Trade Commision. Therefore, my oilcloth aprons will henceforth be known as “fragrance free”.
- “Green” bloggers are a little uppity about their loot and don’t seem to like free Bounce scented dryer sheets. Don’t be gettin’ all up in my grill, green bloggers. You know it’s true.
- Some lady bloggers don’t act like ladies and use Very Bad Language. This is supposed to make a writer’s stories funnier. I can’t say that I agree.
- Bloggers should never mention in real time when they will be out of town. Stalkers can be dangerous, you know. Say the bloggers who are all in a Sheraton in Downtown Chicago. Away from their homes for the weekend. In real time.
- Companies will pay for bloggers’ travel expenses to a big city if the bloggers will mention the company 247 times in a single weekend.
- I could totally be bought off by one of those companies.
So, there you have it. Everything from BlogHer in summary form, and you didn’t even have to leave home. And get free stuff. And eat out at fancy restaurants. Or get to meet Pioneer Woman. Or Paula Deen.