I really needed the information in two parts: How to Remove Melted Crayon from Clothes and How to Remove Melted Crayon from the Dryer.
I sorted through most of the information I found and here are the methods that I found worked best:
Removing Melted Crayon From the Dryer
- Pitch a hissy fit because HOW many times do you have to tell the cleaning lady to check the pockets, for crying out loud?!
- Remember that you are the cleaning lady and be thankful that your hissy fit didn’t make it “public” before you remembered.
- Scrape off as much crayon from the dryer drum as you can with a butter knife.
- Use a new fabric softener sheet to scrub the rest off. I don’t know why this works, but I tried plenty of other methods and this one was a winner. The crayon came right off.
Removing Melted Crayon From Clothes
- Soak the clothes overnight in a generous amount of Oxi Clean and vinegar.
- Add detergent and wash on “heavy duty”.
- Check clothes. Some will need more soaking and another wash.
- Soak again as in #1.
- Wash again as in #2.
Thankfully, these steps got rid of almost every last crayon stain.