Would you like to know how to make your own homemade lotion bars?
This winter weather and the dryness of the heater constantly running is doing very ugly things to my skin! It is itchy, scaly, and extreeeeemely dry.
In my search to alleviate my dry skin, I have tried just about every lotion out there. The bottom line is that nothing comes close to soothing my dry skin like these DIY lotion bars  we like to give as Christmas gifts to Bible class and piano teachers.
I knew they felt good on my hands, but on a whim I rubbed one directly onto my legs, and aaaahhhhhhhh! Relief!
The shea butter, avacado oil, vitamin E oil, and beeswax make it luxuriously rich, thick and soothing!
These are super simple to make with supplies I got in the mail through Amazon. (You can order through my affiliate links below.) The kids even got involved and enjoyed making them for their teachers.
Homemade Lotion Bar Recipe
1 cup Shea Butter 
1 cup beeswax 
1 cup Avocado Oil 
1 tsp. vitamin E oil 
- Use a double boiler (one small pot floating in a bigger pot of water) to slowly melt the shea butter and beeswax.
- Stir in the avocado oil and vitamin E.
- Pour into some beautiful molds .
- At this step, I added a few drops of essential oils  to a few for a delicious scent. I really like the ones that didn’t have it, too, though. They smell of honey because of the beeswax!
- Allow to cool. 
- Pop out carefully.
- Place each bar in a pretty tin container  and give as a gift or keep to enjoy!
Here is a lotion bar I have been using, so it is a bit worn down.
Is it just me, or does it look like my grandmother’s hand has taken over my arm? Ah, well. No matter. Just look at how moisturized I am!