What I’m Wearing to Blissdom

Blissdom Conference ~ Nashville ~ February 4-6 2010

I couldn’t be more giddy about being able to attend my very first blogging conference. This will be my first time away from the family in THREE KIDS! Well, excluding those times I had my legs in the air with various strangers yelling, “PUUUUUUSH!” which isn’t all that relaxing contrary to what you might think.

(And by the way, did you hear that I get to meet Harry Connick, Jr? That’s right! He will be at Blissdom, too, giving a li’l concert for the attendees AND having a meet and greet afterwards!)

So, when Mom’s Travel Tales announced that she would be posting a link up for Blissdom attendees to share what they would be wearing, I was ALL OVER IT!

I coerced my sweet daughter/videographer to record me in a rambling fascinating monologue exhibiting my fashion choices.

So, buckle up, friends. You won’t see anything this riveting again until… I do another video on nothing really important, which could be as early as next week.

This post is linked at Works For Me Wednesday and Frugal Fashionista Fashion Show

Comments

1. Amy@ MomsToolbox says:

Oh my goodness Connie, I CANNOT WAIT to meet you in person!
    This video totally killed me, I was laughing so hard. You totally rock! And I love the Love's Baby soft pink, too. :)
    Thanks for linking up and making me laugh so hard.

2. LOL!!!! You are so funny!! I found your link on twitter.

I love me some genu-ine pleather too!!
    Blessings!

3. Sprittibee says:

I lurve you, Connie. Counting on at least 5 minutes, K? Too short last time.

And yes – love the boots. I'm taking Payless Wookie boots. THANK THE GOOD LORD it's WINTER so I can get away with wearing them – even if it is 70 degrees. :) I love winter clothes. Too bad we live in Texas, eh?

My daughter is making you something and she actually ASKED me what your favorite color was yesterday and I was like… I HAVE NO IDEA.

But she asked me to guess. and I SAID PINK! No lie!

4. Mary @ The Writer's Block says:

Hey, Connie.

Loved your video. I just kept thinking that I'd have nothing to say/show since my closet is full of holey/stained/elastic-waist clothes (from the Mom of 3 collection). I've got to go shopping!

Can't wait to meet you at Blissdom. I'll look for the hot mama in the cute top, black skirt, and awesome boots. ;)

5. I love that baby pink sweater, and I think it goes perfectly with those khaki colored maternity pants you were showing us.

Also, my 10 year old cousin has a pair of boots very similar to yours and I just crack up every time I see her wearing them because she comes from a conservative christian family, and I always feel like they have a little bit of a "bad girl" feel to them (the boots, not the family), but she totally rocks them with the knee-length skirts and gauzy shirts…long story short, I think that will be a fabulous look for you :-)

6. You crack me up! Love you.

7. DUDE your stuff makes it up on hangers! I'm impressed and a little jealous. Can't wait to meet you and those boots!

8. Anonymous says:

I do love your videos!!! :-)

9. Hi Connie-
    I have a tip!! When you start your videos say "This is Connie from SmockityFrocks.com" and leave out the dubyou dubyou dubyou part.

But otherwise your videos are a lot of fun. I teach natural childbirth classes and actually forwarded your diaper changing one onto the couples in class. :)

10. I'm so jealous to not be able to meet you in person. yet. One day. one day.

Anyhow, I LOVE when you post videos. Because I think your accent, and your children's accents, are SO CUTE!

11. Kimberly @ RaisingOlives says:

Um yes, gonna have to think about what I'm wearing. I love that black top and the boots, very cute!

Can't wait to meet you.

12. I think you should start a movement, "Payless, remember your roots." I will help spread the word! They have gotten too pricey!
    I love your site. :-)

13. Amy @ Raising Arrows says:

Cracking me up, Connie! Wish I could be there!

14. You are too cute, Connie, and I think that Payless is too big for its britches too.

15. Heather @ Green Baby Green Mama says:

You are so funny!

16. heh interesting. i wont be going 'cause i cant afford it. prolly never will be able to xD but i dont like to fly anyway so its all good.

17. Connie,
    I would so love to meet you, We live about an hour from Nashville. Nashville is a great city and this is coming from a New Yorker.

18. Connie, you kill me! I love the videos. The girls asked to watch it again:) Have fun and I'm thinking I need to go next year!

19. Is that part about Harry Connick, Jr. true or are you just trying to rub it in to all of us micro bloggers who don’t feel worthy of going to Blissdom? :)

I just found you from Mom’s Toolbox and I am so glad I did. I already watched “Interview with a Stinker” and “How to make cream gravy” and I pretty much adore you right off the bat!

You are going to look Ab Fab at Blissdom, enjoy every minute of this special weekend.

20. Cute outfits! I wish I were going to the conference–it’s probably warm in Nashville.

21. I love your accent–it made me crack up when you said “I got it at the Goodwill!” :) so cute!

22. Love your message to payless… and those boots!

23. These sites offer legitimate opportunities from actual employers who will
    generally be looking for work on a per project basis.
    Are you also tired of the office gossip and office antics.

I have spent years ttrying to find a way to work from hime and I finally succeeded.

1. [...] from MyLifeBlessed.  When Connie asked if anyone was interested in guest posting while she is at Blissdom, I jumped at the chance.  I just love Connie.  She’s so [...]

2. [...] all my shoes, except for flip flops and my high heeled pleather boots is not the best idea I’ve ever [...]