Anyone with a passel o’ kids knows that nothing wears out a Mama faster than everyone in the house coming down with the vomit virus at the same time.
Don’t ask me how I know this because I have vowed to never again recount the details of The Barfing Time of Aught Seven. ~shudder~
Coming in a close second to the vomit virus, is the head and chest cold. I’ll just say that snot, in large quantities, is even grosser than your average every day snot.
That is why we are serious about our germ warfare.
Here are some Smockity tips for keeping illness from spreading through the entire family.
- Check Facebook. If one of your friends divulges that little Cindy Lou has been throwing up or has a fever, BY ALL MEANS do not show up at playgroup if little Cindy Lou will be there. Not all friends realize how a simple illness can mean a large family is down and out for 2 weeks or more.
- Use my homemade Clorox Sanitizing spray to disinfect doorknobs, light switches, and high traffic surfaces.
- If one of the children gets sick, try not to let the other children come into contact with him until the illness passes. (Good luck on this one. My kids seem to enjoy wallowing on, licking, and inhaling the carbon dioxide of sick siblings.)
- During the winter months take extra doses of vitamin D.
- Encourage hand washing and be militant about it when there is a sick family member.
Be sure to check out what the other moms do to combat sickness.
And don’t forget that next week the 4 Moms will be answering reader questions, so if you would like to submit one, do it now!