You would think that when a person has moved 12 times, there would be no more lessons to learn, that a person with so much moving experience would be a pro, an old timer, a seasoned veteran, if you will.
Apparently, I'm a slow learner.
Here are some things I have learned from my latest move:
- Packing all my shoes, except for flip flops and my high heeled pleather boots is not the best idea I've ever had.
- Flip flops are not suitable shoes for walking to and fro with many heavy boxes.
- Neither are high heeled pleather boots.
- Books in boxes are heavy.
- Actually, I knew that one, but I forgot HOW heavy!
- Opening boxes of books you haven't seen in 2 years is like Christmas!
- Children get easily side tracked by books they haven't seen in 2 years.
- It is not fun to live with 9 other people in a house with no running water for 3 days.
- Running water is a good thing.
- I love running water.