Would you like to make your own homemade Bisquick Mix?
I have made "master mixes" before, but tonight some of the sweet older ladies from church reminded a group of *young ladies how easy it is to whip together a big batch to have on hand for making a myriad of recipes.
Anything you can make with Bisquick, you can make with this master mix, PLUS more!
Making biscuits, pancakes, waffles, cookies, muffins, and cakes with this mix is simple because the main ingredients have already been measured and combined.
Homemade Bisquick Mix Recipe
- 10 cups flour
- 1/2 cup baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups shortening
1. Mix dry ingredients.
2. Cut in shortening until mixture is about the consistency of cornmeal.
3. Store in large ziploc bags or air tight containers in freezer.
Now, use this "master mix" any time a recipe calls for baking mix.
Simple Drop Biscuits
- 2 cups Homemade Bisquick Mix
- 1/2 cup milk
1. Mix together until moistened.
2. Drop onto baking sheets.
3. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes. Makes about 12 biscuits.
*If you keep having babies, you will be mistaken for young well into your mid forties!