- Smockity Frocks - http://www.smockityfrocks.com -
Chicken Fried Steak Recipe
Posted By Smockity Frocks On March 30, 2011 @ 6:31 am In How To,Main Dishes,Recipes | 4 Comments
Here is what you will need if you would like to give it a whirl:
1. Mix the egg and buttermilk in a large flat dish that you can dip the steaks in.
2. Combine the dry ingredients in another large flat dish for dipping.
3. Heat the oil to about 375 or medium high.
4. I set up an assembly line so I can go down the line with my steaks, dipping them first in the liquid and then in the dry ingredients, before putting them in the hot oil.
5. Fry for 7-9 minutes on each side, until juices run clear.
6. Drain on a baking rack with paper towels underneath, that is set on a cookie tray, to absorb the oil.
I’m terribly sorry I don’t have a picture of the final product here, but these are so lip smacking good, my people gobbled them all down before any photographic evidence could be obtained.
Give them a try and don’t forget to review how to make old fashioned cream gravy , because that is a MUST with chicken fried steak!
Article printed from Smockity Frocks: http://www.smockityfrocks.com
URL to article: http://www.smockityfrocks.com/2011/03/chicken-fried-steak-recipe.html
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smockityfrocks.com%2F2011%2F03%2Fchicken-fried-steak-recipe.html&media=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smockityfrocks.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2011%2F03%2FDSC_0258pic.jpg&description=Chicken%20Fried%20Steak%20Recipe
 make your own buttermilk: http://www.smockityfrocks.com/2008/03/buttermilk-in-recipes.html
 Image: http://www.smockityfrocks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/DSC_0258pic.jpg
 Image: http://www.smockityfrocks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/DSC_0259pic.jpg
 how to make old fashioned cream gravy: http://www.smockityfrocks.com/2010/01/smockity-cooks-homemade-country-gravy.html
Copyright © 2013 Smockity Frocks. All rights reserved.