I was recently asked about what kind of chores are appropriate for little children.
Here is a list of chores I have used for the 5 and under crowd:
- Put away silverware. This is a great sorting activity. I take the basket out of the dishwasher and the silverware tray out of the drawer and set them both on the table.
- Replace trash bag after trash has been taken out. They love to shake and snap the bag!
- Wipe chair legs and table legs with a damp rag.
- Pass out napkins when table is being set.
- Feed the kitty.
- Sweep under the table with a mini dust broom . The little broom and dust pan are just the right size for little hands.
- Wipe out the bathroom sink. I spray and they scrub.