- Smockity Frocks - http://www.smockityfrocks.com -
How to Make Strawberry Jam
Posted By Smockity Frocks On May 6, 2011 @ 10:36 pm In Desserts,How To,Recipes | 26 Comments
I LOVE the once a month classes the older ladies at church have started in order to teach the younger ladies some homemaking skills. The last class was on Homemade Bisquick Mix , and this week we learned how to make strawberry jam.
Here are the things you will need to make your own strawberry jam:
1. Smash up the strawberries. You can use a food processor for this part or a manual chopper. If you have a lot of tension  in your life lately, I highly recommend the manual chopper. Trust me.
2. Put the new or sterilized jars into one pot, and the lid inserts into another, both with a couple of inches of water and set to boil.
3. Add the strawberries and Sure Jell to a different pot and bring to a hard boil.
4. Add sugar and bring to a rolling boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Remove jam pot from heat and use the jar grabbers to get one jar ready to be filled and one lid insert ready to top it.
6. Use the jar funnel and pour or ladle the jam into a jar. Fill it so no empty space will be visible when the lid is screwed on. (About 1/4 inch from the top)
7. Wipe the rim of the jar with a damp paper towel.
8. Screw the lid ring on and tighten.
9. Place jars back in pot and add enough water to cover tops. Boil for 15 minutes.
10.Remove and allow to cool. You will know the jars have sealed properly when you hear them “pop”.
10. Label the jars and share them with friends!
Article printed from Smockity Frocks: http://www.smockityfrocks.com
URL to article: http://www.smockityfrocks.com/2011/05/how-to-make-strawberry-jam.html
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smockityfrocks.com%2F2011%2F05%2Fhow-to-make-strawberry-jam.html&media=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smockityfrocks.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2011%2F05%2Fstrawberry-jam.jpg&description=How%20to%20Make%20Strawberry%20Jam
 Homemade Bisquick Mix: http://wp.me/pMqqr-13T
 a lot of tension: http://smockityfrocks.com/tag/layoff
Copyright © 2013 Smockity Frocks. All rights reserved.