The 4 Moms are sharing naptime management tips. Be sure to see what the rest of my team has to say about naptime:
As for The Smockity Family, we love our naptimes!
Everyone goes to their beds, or couches, or designated quiet places for one solid hour of absolutely no talking or noise. I don't care whether they go to sleep, but heads must be on pillows and there must be no noise.
There is so much noise and activity in our family all day long, that an hour of quiet rest is a welcome break for all of us.
Some of the activities I allow during naptime are:
- writing in journals
- listening to iPods (with ear buds)
- listening to books on CD
Some of the activities I don't allow because of mess or noise:
- coloring (I hate cleaning up scads of broken crayons out of beds!)
- puzzles (Ditto with puzzle pieces)
- train tracks
- battery operated toys
I used to use a timer to let everyone know when an hour was up, until I figured out this ingenious naptime tip !
Here are some of the books and CD's we like for pre-naptime or bedtime readings:
- A Child's Garden of Songs: The Poetry of Robert Louis Stevenson in Song 
- The Little House books 
- Goodnight Moon 
- The Runaway Bunny 
- The Beginner's Bible 
Now we would like to know what books you recommend for naptime or bedtime reading! Link up to share your favorites. Here's how:
1. You must link to a specific relevant post on your blog.
2. Your post must include a link to at least one of the 4 Moms.
3. Your blog post must be completely family friendly.
If your link is deleted, you probably didn't follow one of the rules above. Please feel free to add your link again once you have fixed the problem. If you don't know why your link was deleted, please ask.