- Smockity Frocks - http://www.smockityfrocks.com -
How to Make Your Own Cool Gel Pack
Posted By Smockity Frocks On June 12, 2011 @ 5:19 pm In How To | 27 Comments
You know, the kind you can freeze and toss into an ice chest or wrap in a towel and put on aching muscles?
It is super easy to make your own!
You will need these supplies:
1. Fill a Ziploc bag with 1 part rubbing alcohol, 3 parts water. The alcohol will keep the water from freezing solid, so if you want a firmer gel pack, add less alcohol. If you want it squishier, add more.
2. Add 5 drops of blue food coloring. This is a visual reminder that it is not for consumption. I ended up deciding this bag was too full, so I divided this liquid into 2 bags.
3. To ensure these don’t leak, seal them inside another zipper bag.
4. THAT’S IT! Seal well and freeze.
Article printed from Smockity Frocks: http://www.smockityfrocks.com
URL to article: http://www.smockityfrocks.com/2011/06/how-to-make-cool-gel-pack.html
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smockityfrocks.com%2F2011%2F06%2Fhow-to-make-cool-gel-pack.html&media=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smockityfrocks.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2011%2F06%2FDSC_0185.jpg&description=How%20to%20Make%20Your%20Own%20Cool%20Gel%20Pack
Copyright © 2013 Smockity Frocks. All rights reserved.