- Smockity Frocks - http://www.smockityfrocks.com -
How to Make Patriotic Popcorn Balls
Posted By Smockity Frocks On July 3, 2011 @ 10:30 pm In Recipes,Side Dishes | 6 Comments
Here’s what you will need:
1. Use a Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper or other popper to pop the corn.
2. In each of 3 pots, place 1/3 cup corn syrup, 1 cup sugar, and 3 Tbsp. water.
3. In one pot, put the red jello, and in one put the blue jello.
4. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Cook 3-4 minutes.
5. Divide the popcorn into 3 batches and pour the syrup on, stirring to coat.
6. Let cool slightly until you can handle it.
7. Butter hands WELL, scoop up each color popcorn, and mash into a ball.
8. Allow to cool on wax paper. Then individually wrap with plastic wrap.
*Confession: My “blue” jello turned out to be RED, even though the picture on the box showed BLUE! I improvised and used blue food coloring in the plain syrup on these popcorn balls instead.
Article printed from Smockity Frocks: http://www.smockityfrocks.com
URL to article: http://www.smockityfrocks.com/2011/07/how-to-make-patriotic-popcorn-balls.html
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smockityfrocks.com%2F2011%2F07%2Fhow-to-make-patriotic-popcorn-balls.html&media=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smockityfrocks.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2011%2F07%2FDSC_0018.jpg&description=How%20to%20Make%20Patriotic%20Popcorn%20Balls
 homeschooling tips: http://www.smockityfrocks.com/category/homeschool
 kid-friendly crafts: http://www.smockityfrocks.com/category/crafts
 large family recipes: http://www.smockityfrocks.com/recipes
 parenting tips: http://www.smockityfrocks.com/category/parenting
 get my daily updates in your inbox: http://www.feedblitz.com/f/?Sub=906257
 Facebook fan page: http://facebook.com/SmockityFrocks
 Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004SU35/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=smockfrock0f-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399369&creativeASIN=B00004SU35
Copyright © 2013 Smockity Frocks. All rights reserved.