Here is the scoop about the job:
- For now it is part-time.
- He will keep the roofing job part-time also.
- It has potential to be full-time.
- He will be traveling a lot.
- It will require lots of waiting to hear when and where the next assignment is.
- A long time friend from the golf business had heard through my Facebook updates and this blog (Hi, Mitch!) that he needed work and contacted me about it.
- Hopefully we won't have to move since the company is planning to expand to our area.
As for this weekly layoff series, the response has been so overwhelmingly positive, that I plan to continue with the following topics:
- How to plan for unforeseen financial crisis
- Adjusting to part-time work
- Tips on looking for a job
- How to pay your bills during a layoff