When I posted this video of my kindergartener reading aloud from her journal, I got some comments asking how I teach one so young to read so well.
First, let me tell you that I have some children who have taken to reading like a duck takes to water and some who seemed to wake up every morning completely alphabet free, even after oft repeated reading lessons.
Remember that each child is different, and some have an easier time understanding and remembering the rules of phonics.
Having said that, here is a rundown of posts I have written on teaching reading:
- How to Teach Your Child to Read (video)
- Encouraging a love of reading
- Book Recommendations For Preschoolers
- Book Recommendations For Beginning Readers
- Funny Example of Forgetful Child During a Reading Lesson
- Reading Incentive Programs
- My FREE homeschooling Ebook