This is a guest post from my friend, Crystal. I hope you enjoy it! And don’t forget to check out Smockity’s page of over 100 Crockpot recipes!
Like you, I am a busy mom. During the school year, evenings are busy and relentless at my house with homework and activities. Getting dinner on the table can be a huge task and I hate ending up in the drive thru lines, which are bad on my pocketbook and hips. Without my crockpot and easy recipes, dinner would never get served at my house.
I am excited to share with you eight of my favorite crockpot recipes that are time savers, budget friendly and crowd pleasers. They are all perfect for large families,like ours.
- Crockpot Sloppy Joes– Super simple and it cooks quickly. My boys love this meal. I like to serve it with tater tots and baked beans.
- Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Casserole– Who knew you could make something like this in the crockpot. This is tasty and feeds a crowd. Serve with a beautiful dinner salad and you are good to go.
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken– Seriously, dump it in the crockpot and dinner is ready in 4-6 hours. Brilliant.
- Crockpot Ravioli– This is another recipe that cooks fast and comes out as if it were baked in the oven. Family favorite at my house.
- Apple Butter Pork Chops in the Crockpot– It is apple butter season and these pork chops literally crumbled when they were done. Incredible flavor. We served them over steamed rice which helped to stretch the meal even more.
- Crockpot Spaghetti and Meatballs– Canned sauce, frozen meatballs: Pop a lid on it and dinner is ready in just a few hours.
- Italian Chicken in the Crockpot– Have you any idea how tender a chicken breast is after it as cooked for hours of a tomato sauce? This stuff is amazing. Top with cheese and serve over your favorite noddle.
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken– When lemon, Dijon mustard and heavy cream collide, you get something rather amazing. Let it cook all day and this gourmet-like dinner is effortlessly done.
Which of these easy Crockpot recipes will you add to your menu plan?
Crystal is the author of the site Crystal & Co., where she shares her journey of raising five boys. On her site you will find loads of easy recipes, weekly meal planning inspiration, easy craft ideas, as well as mommy solutions and resources. Join her every Wednesday where she invites you to link up and share your mommy solutions and resources!