This guest post is from my friend, Crystal. Be sure to also check out these 12 awesome blogs for last minute Christmas ideas!
In this last week before the holidays, it is not too late to try some new easy recipes for your family gatherings as well as affordable homemade gift ideas and simple Christmas crafts.
Here are some fun projects I have shared on my site and I am excited to share them with the Smockity readers!
- Baby Jesus in a Manger– This craft is precious and goes perfectly when reading about the birth of Jesus.
- Ranger Cookies– These make the BEST cookies ever and perfect for your Christmas Eve gatherings.
- Candy Cane Reindeer– These are easy and make great party favors for your holiday get together, or tree ornaments, or even gift wrapping decorations.
- Christmas S’More Printable– Use this free printable to make treat bags for the kiddos or give to friends and neighbors.
- White Chocolate Peppermint Bark– This is so easy to make and it is a great homemade treat you can gift to neighbors, teachers, or co-workers.
- Mod Podge Clothespins and Twine– Two simple ideas in one post. I show you how to use twine and clothespins to display your kid’s holiday art, school papers and Christmas cards. The clothespins also double as a great gift idea. Consider adding a magnet to the back of the clothespins and giving sets as homemade gifts to someone on your shopping list.
- Candy Bar Wrapper Printable– Take mini candy bars and wrap them in this free printable.
- Christmas Breakfast Casserole– Do the prep work the night before for this easy recipe and then pop it in the oven while your children are opening their gifts Christmas morning.
- Reindeer Brownies– So easy and fun! These are excellent for parties or treats for little ones when you’re hosting the Christmas festivities at your house.
- Grilled Salsa Steak Appetizer– This is an easy crowd pleaser that your guests will devour. Two small steaks will make 24 appetizers.
- Homemade Mod Podge Vases– Re-purpose old spaghetti jars into vases with some scrapbook paper and Mod Podge. These were fun gifts to create!
- Chocolate Graham Cracker Peppermint Bark– Another simple recipe that doubles well as a gift for neighbors or teachers and also is perfect to display when hosting Christmas at your house.
I hope you enjoy these crafts, homemade gifts, and food ideas for your Christmas celebrations!
Crystal is a mom to five boys and the author of the site Crystal & Co., which is a mommy resource site. She shares easy recipes, weekly meal planning ideas, craft tutorials and mom ideas that provide solutions for every mom.