- Smockity Frocks - http://www.smockityfrocks.com -
Homeschool Moms’ Winter Summit
Posted By Smockity Frocks On January 30, 2012 @ 8:10 am In Homeschool | 12 Comments
I just got back from my speaking gig at The Homeschool Moms’ Winter Summit , and I must say it was 14 flavors of awesome sauce! Not my speaking, but The Summit!
The idea of The Homeschool Moms’ Winter Summit is to encourage and uplift the homeschool mom during the time of year when the days are long and the light at the end of the tunnel is only a flicker. You know, January/February is the proverbial “hump day” of the school year, and The Summit was designed to refresh and renew during long, dark days.
And, boy oh boy did it refresh my socks off!
The speakers, the food, the sweet homeschool girls serving the food, the prizes, the praise and worship, the comic relief, the sessions, every last bit of the weekend was amazing!
One of my very favorite parts was at the end when it was announced that any homeschool mom who had been at it for 20 years or more was to come up on stage. The “Chariots of Fire” theme song began to play, and more than a dozen ladies took to the stage. They stood there, shoulder to shoulder, looking like movie stars to me. There was not a single one of them drooling or spinning in circles. They were well dressed and smiling!
They were told to take up their batons, and a basket was passed around. Each mom grabbed up several scrolls of paper out of the basket, and the music changed to the “Rocky” theme song. Those veteran moms then came out to the audience and passed their “batons” to us.
I got mine and unrolled the paper. Here is what was on it:
Winter Summit 2012
- that homeschooling has led me to the foot of the cross – which is the very best place for me to be.
- that since He called me, He will equip me. It will not be by my own strength or power, but by His Holy Spirit.
- that homeschooling has done and is doing a work of sanctification in my life. God wants me to intimately need Him more and more every day.
- that despite my weaknesses I serve a God who supernaturally will bring to fruition all that He has purposed for my children.
- that homeschooling can help change this great nation one household at a time!
- that a remnant is being called to radiate God’s truth and the love of Jesus to the world.
- that homeschooling is the most difficult thing I have ever loved to do!
- that God hears the quiet yet desperate cries of homeschooling moms as they call out for His strength and guidance.
- that homeschooling has taught me more about MYSELF than any subject I have ever taught.
If you are a homeschool mom and are anywhere near Oklahoma City in January 2013, you just absolutely MUST see what it’s all about. You will be blessed to pieces if you attend this conference!
Article printed from Smockity Frocks: http://www.smockityfrocks.com
URL to article: http://www.smockityfrocks.com/2012/01/homeschool-moms-winter-summit.html
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smockityfrocks.com%2F2012%2F01%2Fhomeschool-moms-winter-summit.html&media=&description=Homeschool%20Moms%26%238217%3B%20Winter%20Summit
 The Homeschool Moms’ Winter Summit: http://www.homeschoolwintersummit.com/Categories.aspx?Id=c4af7ce6-acfa-46d3-814f-5c2c7833e9a4
Copyright © 2013 Smockity Frocks. All rights reserved.