We have had taco soup twice in the past week, and it isn’t even because we had leftovers! My kids have begged for it!
This is a super simple recipe that you can simmer all day in the slow cooker if you are going to be away from home or for 20 or so minutes on the stove top if you need it in a hurry.
I have varied the ingredients a little each time I made it. It is very forgiving. Just add what you like, serve over tortilla chips, corn chips, or rice, and top with shredded cheese, sour cream, and whatever else you like.
Taco Soup Recipe
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix (or about 1/2 cup of the bottled dressing)
- 1 can diced tomatoes and chiles (Ro-tel)
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add taco seasoning and 3/4 cups water. Simmer 5 minutes.
- In large pot, add ground beef, all canned ingredients with liquids, and ranch dressing.
- Simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Serve over tortilla chips, corn chips, or rice.
- Add shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole, diced onions, and any taco toppings you like.
This recipe is linked to Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures.
Have you seen my homemade White Castle Sliders? Mmmmm. Fast food at home! What’s not to love?
And if you like to use your slow cooker, be sure to check out these 8 Easy Crockpot Recipes and this “What’s In Your Crock Pot?” link-up with over 100 slow cooker recipes!