Do you follow Smockity Frocks on Pinterest? A while back, while I was surfing Pinterest, I saw a homemade vinegar citrus cleaning spray and I thought I had pinned it so I could go back later and take a closer look. Only later I never could find what I had seen before. So I decided to experiment with making my own.
It turns out that my children hate the smell of equal amounts plain vinegar and water in a spray bottle. I tried adding a small amount of dish soap, but they still didn’t like the smell.
That’s why I was anxious to try this homemade citrus vinegar cleaner.
It is super simple and only requires 2 ingredients, plus the clean citrus scent is much nicer than plain vinegar!
Homemade Citrus Vinegar Cleaner
- Citrus peels (I used grapefruit.)
- White vinegar
- Mason jar
1. Quarter and peel 2-3 citrus fruits, making sure to remove all pulp from peels.
2. Place the peels in a quart Mason jar and fill with white vinegar. (In the photo above, I had already used some of the vinegar mixture in a spray bottle.)
3. Allow the mixture to “steep” for 3-4 weeks. (The longer you let it steep, the stronger the citrus scent will be.)
4. Fill half an empty spray bottle with the vinegar mixture.
5. Fill the rest of the bottle with water.