Shew! I am slap worn out!
In the past 8 days, I have taken off and landed in an airplane 6 times!
I have relaxed on the beach in Destin, Florida.
Taken 10 kids to Six Flags Over Texas. (Which is the exact opposite of relaxing, in case you were wondering.)
Explored an Amish community in Indiana. I was even able to eat in an Amish restaurant and take a horse and buggy ride given by a 12 year old Amish girl.
And I met a blog reader at church over a thousand miles away from my own congregation.
I was in Indiana to speak at a ladies’ retreat and was so excited to be able to stay at my long-time friend, Sheri’s, house. After arriving with a bad cold, she pampered me and doctored me right up until I was feeling as good as new.
I decided that having events in 3 states in the course of a week is too stressful for this mama. That conclusion came to me shortly after I realized that:
- The baby was several states away climbing out of her bed, stealthily getting into the chocolate birthday cake, and then dumping it on the floor.
- I forgot to bring a pretty dress, or anything at all for that matter, to wear to church.
- I had the keys to the van in Indiana and my people in Texas were all ready for church with no way to get there.
- My kids were calling me every two hours with new reports of the havoc the baby was wreaking.
- Being exhausted makes getting sick much more likely.
- A lady can sound like a chain smoking frog when she engages in public speaking while sick.
I did manage to have an absolutely fantastic time at all of the above events!
But now I am ready for a nap.
And I’ve decided I’m never leaving my house again from now on, forever after, everlasting.