Shew! I am slap worn out!
In the past 8 days, I have taken off and landed in an airplane 6 times!
I have relaxed on the beach in Destin, Florida .
Taken 10 kids to Six Flags Over Texas. (Which is the exact opposite of relaxing, in case you were wondering.)
Explored an Amish community in Indiana. I was even able to eat in an Amish restaurant and take a horse and buggy ride given by a 12 year old Amish girl.
And I met a blog reader at church over a thousand miles away from my own congregation.
I was in Indiana to speak at a ladies' retreat and was so excited to be able to stay at my long-time friend, Sheri's, house. After arriving with a bad cold, she pampered me and doctored me right up until I was feeling as good as new.
I decided that having events in 3 states in the course of a week is too stressful for this mama. That conclusion came to me shortly after I realized that:
- The baby was several states away climbing out of her bed, stealthily getting into the chocolate birthday cake, and then dumping it on the floor.
- I forgot to bring a pretty dress, or anything at all for that matter, to wear to church.
- I had the keys to the van in Indiana and my people in Texas were all ready for church with no way to get there.
- My kids were calling me every two hours with new reports of the havoc the baby was wreaking.
- Being exhausted makes getting sick much more likely.
- A lady can sound like a chain smoking frog when she engages in public speaking while sick.
I did manage to have an absolutely fantastic time at all of the above events!
But now I am ready for a nap.
And I've decided I'm never leaving my house again from now on, forever after, everlasting.