The 4 Moms of 35+ Kids are serving leftovers today. That is to say we are discussing how large families go about serving leftovers.
When large families cook, we usually go big or go home. We must cook in large quantities to feed our many members. And that often means leftovers.
Being left with leftovers is good and fine, because that means one less step in serving the meal since the cooking is already done.
Here is the way we do it in the Smockity Family.
- Save all of our leftovers for 3-4 days.
- Warm each dish in the microwave.
- Display all leftovers on the counter and announce in an dramatic fashion that we are having “buffet” for dinner.
- Place cafeteria style, compartment trays on the counter.
- Everyone is allowed to dish themselves 4 items of their choice. (This is very exciting for the children since most of the time there is no choosing what dinner will be.)
- Enjoy dinner and compare with others what you chose to eat.
Simple and effective!
Do you have ideas for using leftovers?
Link ’em up!
Now, check out how the rest of The 4 Moms team deals with leftovers: