How to Make Your Own Bug Viewer
One of our activities for Camp Conniewannahavefun this week was a bug scavenger hunt team activity.
Here’s how we made them.
- Single serving drink bottles
- scissors or Exacto knife
- netting (or thin fabric that lets in air)
- hot glue gun
- Save and rinse out small, plastic juice bottles.
- Cut a panel out of one side of the bottle.
- Hot glue a pice of netting over the hole in the bottle.
- Remove lid to put bugs.
I gave each team instructions to find as many little creatures as possible and place them in their bug viewers along with a few leaves and twigs and drops of water.
The yellow team won the challenge! They caught several varieties of beetles, ants, a baby lizard, and even a SCORPION!
Try making your own simple bug viewers. Kids love them!
Would you like to have your own mini summer camp? Try these tips for free summer fun! (<— Includes a free printable scavenger hunt!)