Photo credit: The Lockwoods
Would your children enjoy seeing the look on the face of a child in Mexico whose only Christmas gift was a box of treasures from THEM?
Do you remember my friends, Daniel and Jaynee Lockwood, the missionaries in Mexico who have 12 children and came to stay with us? They deliver Christmas boxes every year to the neighborhood children in their town.
The number of children who get to receive a box depends on how many boxes Daniel and Jaynee can put together or get donated from generous friends.
One year my family participated in the Christmas Box Project and they were so thrilled when they saw the pictures posted of the children receiving their boxes with such joy!
We are exciting about participating again this year, too!
If you would like to help the Lockwoods put Christmas gifts into the hands of boys and girls who may not get a single gift besides yours, follow the instructions below:
- Use a box that is approximately the size of a shoe box.
- Pack the box with toys, school supplies, toiletries, candy, crayons, coloring books, puzzles, stickers, etc.
- Do NOT include chocolate, medicine, or breakables.
- If you like you can include a hand drawn picture and note.
- Mark the package with “Christmas Box for a Boy” or “Christmas Box for a Girl”.
Here are some Spanish phrases to include:
Dios le bendiga– God Bless you.Jesus te ama– Jesus loves you.Feliz Navidad– Merry Christmas.Dios te ama– God loves you.Estoy orando por ti– I am praying for you.Con amor de – With love from…
In order for the box to get to the Lockwoods in Mexico in time for a Christmas delivery, the box MUST BY MAILED BY DECEMBER 1. That means you have a whole month to choose tiny treasures and pack some boxes that little boys and girls will delight in!
Mail your boxes to: