My heart is broken for all of the precious children and the school faculty who were killed in the senseless violence in Connecticut last week.
Like everyone else, I can not wrap my mind around why. Why would anyone do such a thing?
To babies. They were barely more than babies.
I don’t know. I have no answers. None. Only prayers and tears.
And a few thoughts because I can’t stop thinking about it.
- I don’t want my youngest children to know what happened. I don’t mind if they never know. I don’t want them to imagine the horrible scenes I can’t get out of my mind.
- There is evil in the world that has been around since that creepy snake in the beginning.
- The Evil One has been inflicting violence since that time.
- Remember why baby Moses’ mother put him in a basket in the Nile River?
- Remember why baby Jesus’ parents had to flee to Egypt?
- Remember The Holocaust?
- Have you read about the man who killed 38 elementary school children in 1927?
- None of those were because of video games, or drugs, or the internet, or the media glamorizing crime, or guns, or Reaganomics, as I read this week.
- It was Evil. Plain and Simple.
What are we to do?
It is a dark, dark world. Jesus said, “You are the light of the world… Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.” (Matthew 5:14-16)
Do good in the name of Jesus.