- Smockity Frocks - http://www.smockityfrocks.com -
The Easiest Way to Make Dinner
Posted By Smockity Frocks On January 14, 2013 @ 6:10 am In Uncategorized | 2 Comments
I think you will like this guest post by my friend, Tiffany, a homeschool mom and blogger who has been married to her best friend for 25 years. You can find her sharing easy recipes, cooking tips and Weekly Meal Plans  at Eat at Home .
I have a favorite cooking appliance. You probably share the love.
If you haven’t guessed yet, it’s the slow cooker. Crockpot. Tiny-cooking-servant-who-works-all-day-so-I-don’t-have-to.
Here are some of the reasons why I try to use a slow cooker to fix dinner as often as I can:
1. Tiny prep time – Slow cooker recipes tend to have very little prep required. Put in some meat or maybe beans. Add a few other ingredients. Put the on the lid and cook. I can handle that, even on the busiest of days.
2. Do your kids ask you 100 times a day what dinner is going to be? Mine do and if I’ve loaded the crockpot, I can easily answer. The answer’s in the magic pot.
3. You can make almost anything in this modern contraption. From soup to sandwich fillings. From Angel Chicken to Zesty Chicken.
4. Even kids can get dinner ready. I had to leave the house one day unexpectedly and knew I wouldn’t be home to fix dinner. I called my daughter, who was 9 year old at the time. She was surprised when I told her I wanted her to fix dinner, but she was also pleased that she was able to do it. It involved putting the frozen chicken legs in the crockpot, pouring barbeque sauce over them and cranking the dial to high.
If you love using your slow cooker too, you’ll want to check out my new All Slow Cooker Weekly Meal Plans . As a subscriber to Eat at Home’s Weekly Meal Plan Service , you’ll get two meal plans emailed to you each week:
Each plan has 6 dinners and 1 dessert. It comes with a grocery list and printable recipes. There are also tips on cooking, freezing extras for future meals and timing things so you can fit the meals to your schedule.
Choose which plan to print for the week and head to the store. At just $4 per month , it’s a smart way to take advantage of your favorite cooking appliance and let it do the cooking for you.
Article printed from Smockity Frocks: http://www.smockityfrocks.com
URL to article: http://www.smockityfrocks.com/2013/01/the-easiest-way-to-make-dinner.html
URLs in this post:
 homeschooling tips: http://www.smockityfrocks.com/category/homeschool
 kid-friendly crafts: http://www.smockityfrocks.com/category/crafts
 large family recipes: http://www.smockityfrocks.com/recipes
 parenting tips: http://www.smockityfrocks.com/category/parenting
 get my daily updates in your inbox: http://www.feedblitz.com/f/?Sub=906257
 Facebook fan page: http://facebook.com/SmockityFrocks
 Image: http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smockityfrocks.com%2F2013%2F01%2Fthe-easiest-way-to-make-dinner.html&media=http%3A%2F%2Featathomecooks.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F01%2Feasiestwaytomakedinner.jpg&description=The%20Easiest%20Way%20to%20Make%20Dinner
 Weekly Meal Plans: http://eatathomecooks.com/eat-at-home-weekly-menu-plan-service
 Eat at Home: http://eatathomecooks.com
 Image: http://eatathomecooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/easiestwaytomakedinner.jpg
 Image: http://eatathomecooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/menu_postheader-11.png
 Image: http://www.linkwithin.com/
Copyright © 2013 Smockity Frocks. All rights reserved.