You probably know that I LOVE the Homeschool Moms’ Winter Summit that takes place in Oklahoma every January. It is unlike any event I have ever attended. It is aimed specifically at the emotional and spiritual needs of homeschool moms. There is no talk of curriculum or SAT scores at this event, only encouragement and praise to God, by whose power we manage to do this monumental task called homeschooling.
It is not a “how to” homeschool event, but a “by whose power” homeschool event. It is meant to pamper, encourage, and lift up in prayer homeschool moms and equip us with the faith to continue our journey.
Basically, it’s 14 flavors of awesome sauce. But don’t take my word for it. Read and hear the testimonials of Summit attendees for yourself.
And the organizers of the event, who have a vision to share this encouragement, faith, and praise with as many homeschool moms as they can reach, would like to expand the Winter Summit to Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas as early as next January!
Yesterday, I attended a 5 hour meeting to hammer out the very beginning plans of doing this. The Summit organizers are adamant about some things that must always be in place at any Summit event.
- The Summit will glorify God.
- The Summit will be a ministry of encouragement to homeschool moms.
- The Summit will be a God-led event, covered in much prayer.
- The Summit will take place with round tables where homeschool moms come face to face to encourage one another.
- The Summit will have seasoned homeschool veterans, with graduated children, as speakers.
- The Summit will have moms that are currently homeschooling in the trenches as speakers.
- The Summit will include, laughter, encouragement, and praise.
- The Summit will take place in January to give hope in the midst of cold, dark days.
As you can imagine, I am super excited to play a part in this ministry!
The head of the event, Roxanne Parks, told us over and over that the Summit expanding to Texas will be a “God thing”. We will not plan, organize, and appoint it into existence, but God will lead the people to us who are to be speakers, worship leaders, decorators, sponsors, greeters, planners, etc.
She told us of so many amazing details that had already worked out to even bring our small group together, that we all are convinced that God is leading this expansion to Texas for the purpose of bolstering the faith of more homeschool moms.
Our goal is to find 200 women who would come to the DFW area for a weekend to be encouraged in their homeschool journeys and give God the glory for allowing us to continue in it.