We don’t have anything super exciting going on this week, but I thought I’d share what we are up to.
- When I opened our security gate with my automatic opener last night, 5 of the neighbor’s donkeys ran out onto the road. My 11yo and I bailed out of the van and went running after them down the road in the dark. Of course, the more we ran after them, the more they ran away. Yeah. Good times. Fortunately no cars came along, so there was no carnage to mix in the the pandemonium.
- I am almost through reading this book , and I am enthralled. It is horrible and wonderful and beautiful and ugly. I absolutely can not put it down. I am very much a non-fiction girl. No time for vampires over here. Give me the facts and numbers, and I’ll be happy. If you are the same way, you’ll enjoy this book. It has lots of Texas history and geography. (Warning: It contains graphic violence.)
- This short video  will make your day! Pay attention to the reason the boy from the other team gives for passing the ball to the special player. Mamas, what we teach them makes a difference!
- Here’s how we do “social studies” in our homeschool.
- We’re reading and enjoying The Marvelous Land of Oz  for our bedtime story right now.
What are you up to this week?
*This post contains affiliate links.