Since we are a family of 10, we buy our ground beef in 5 pound packages. I brown it up and divided it into 1 pound packages for the freezer so it’s recipe ready the next time I need it.
Here’s how to brown and freeze large amounts of ground beef:
- Chop 1 large onion and 2 cloves of garlic.
- Place ground beef, onion, and garlic in slow cooker.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours or on low 5-6 hours. Check for pink spots and cook longer if needed.
- Place a large strainer on a cookie tray and transfer the ground beef to the strainer.
- Allow grease to drain for several minutes.
- Divide ground beef into gallon size Ziploc bags.
- Squeeze out air before zipping, and smash flat for easier defrosting.
Now, be sure to check out these ground beef recipes:
- 100+ Crockpot recipes
- Taco Casserole
- Easy Moussaka Style Pasta Bake
- Beef and Bean Tacos with Grilled Zucchini
- Bowtie Skillet Lasagna
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Lots of ground beef recipes
- Ground Beef Recipes Ebook
Alternately, if you have uncooked ground beef, try these easy homemade meatballs.
Then run, don’t walk to try these homemade White Castle sliders. You won’t be sorry. They will rock your world. Seriously. Your hair will be shinier, your teeth will be whiter, and your friends will be more charming. (Results vary.)