Since we are a family of 10, we buy our ground beef in 5 pound packages. I brown it up and divided it into 1 pound packages for the freezer so it's recipe ready the next time I need it.
Here's how to brown and freeze large amounts of ground beef:
- Chop 1 large onion and 2 cloves of garlic.
- Place ground beef, onion, and garlic in slow cooker.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours or on low 5-6 hours. Check for pink spots and cook longer if needed.
- Place a large strainer on a cookie tray and transfer the ground beef to the strainer.
- Allow grease to drain for several minutes.
- Divide ground beef into gallon size Ziploc bags.
- Squeeze out air before zipping, and smash flat for easier defrosting.
Now, be sure to check out these ground beef recipes:
- 100+ Crockpot recipes 
- Taco Casserole
- Easy Moussaka Style Pasta Bake 
- Beef and Bean Tacos with Grilled Zucchini 
- Bowtie Skillet Lasagna 
- Shepherd's Pie 
- Lots of ground beef recipes 
- Ground Beef Recipes Ebook 
Alternately, if you have uncooked ground beef, try these easy homemade meatballs .
Then run, don't walk to try these homemade White Castle sliders . You won't be sorry. They will rock your world. Seriously. Your hair will be shinier, your teeth will be whiter, and your friends will be more charming. (Results vary.)