Today, I thought I would show you what I’ve been reading on the net, and thereby let you in on what it is like to be inside the mind of Smockity.
Just today, as I was chatting with my oldest, she seemed confused for a moment, and then she said, “Oh, you almost lost me. You just changed the subject without warning again!”
So basically, buckle up.
- This post about “How Not to Behave at a Blogging Conference” cracked me up. The first piece of advice is, “Shut your face when a speaker is, you know, speaking.” And it gets even better from there.
- This story about a mama wanting a second opinion from a wiser doctor reminded me of our own situation recently. I am enraged at what happened to this family!
- Have you seen the Dove video that is going around illustrating that women are more beautiful than they believe? I watched it and was mildly amused. I’m not generally a crier, and I think there are much more important things to give consideration to than whether I think I am beautiful or not, so I didn’t have the same reaction as many of my friends on Facebook. But this parody done to illustrate what men think of themselves had me almost shedding tears of laughter! I would rather laugh than cry anyway, so I much preferred the parody.
- Here are some horrifying quotes from abortionists. Don’t follow the link to the “Anonymous Abortionist” unless you want to know the grim details of what happens during abortions.
- I really like this post about imperfection and vulnerability. This is my favorite part, “When we remember that 1) we are loved, 2) we are a big mess, and 3) there’s not much we can do about it, we stop trying to fill everyone else’s cup, and we just let the strength of God’s grace and mercy wash over all of our own imperfections and fall freely on those who need His healing the most.” (And no, I don’t believe God is a “She”. Just get past that part and everything else is gold.)
- And don’t forget about this amazing sale (EXPIRED) where you can get 97 ebooks and over $140 worth of freebies for only $29.97!