This sweet potato casserole recipe is a family favorite!
We have it for most holidays and the kids even request it fairly often for birthday dinners. Probably because it tastes more like dessert than a vegetable.
Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- 4-6 sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 stick butter
1. Put all the sweet potatoes, unpeeled and whole, in a big stock pot of water. Boil until the biggest one can be pierced through with a fork.
2. Drain and slip the skins off the sweet potatoes. Put them in a large bowl.
3. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
4. Pour into 9x13 casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1. Blend first 3 topping ingredients.
2. Add pecans.
3. Sprinkle on top of casserole just before baking.
4. Bake at 350 for 45 min - 1 hr. until middle is not jiggly.