When we make Dump Cake, the entire top of the cake needs to be covered with one stick of butter.
I used to spend a fair amount of time meticulously cutting thin slices of butter to place on top.
And then I had the brainstorm to use a potato peeler for shaved butter.
Using a potato peeler to shave the butter makes it quick and easy to cover the entire top with butter!
Here’s our dump cake recipe
- 1 can pineapple crushed pineapple (16 oz)
- 1 can cherry pie filling (20 oz)
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter
1. Dump pineapple in 9×13 casserole dish. Spread over bottom.
2. Dump in cherry pie filling. Spread.
3. Dump cake mix. Spread over top of fruit.
4. Top with shaved butter.
5. Bake in 350 oven for 1 hour.
Need stocking stuffers? Check out these 5 little tractors for under $6! These could be divided into several stockings!