I love my Young Living essential oils, and my family uses them daily for one thing or another.
One way I love to use lavender is to put a few drops in Epsom salt and baking soda and relax in a hot bath with it sprinkled in. Ahhhhh… This makes such a relaxing bath right before bed.
So, I found these darling little milk bottles at Michael’s, and I made up a few gifts of Soothing Lavender Bath Salts to give my friends. Here’s how I did it.
Soothing Lavender Bath Salts
- 2 cups Epsom salt
- 3/4 cup baking soda
- Young Living lavender essential oil
1. Mix Epsom salt and baking soda in a bowl
2. Fill milk bottle 1/2 full with mixture.
3. Add 4-5 drops Young Living lavender essential oil.
4. Put the lid on tightly and shake vigorously to mix the lavender thoroughly.
5. Fill the bottle to within an inch of the top with more Epsom salt/baking soda mixture.
6. Shake until well blended.
Another fun gift to make with essential oils is this super cute Peppermint candy cane sugar scrub. (Print out the darling labels here.) I keep a bottle by my kitchen sink and use it for a soothing, moisturizing hand scrub.
Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub
- 4 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Coconut Oil
- Red food coloring
- Young Living Peppermint Essential Oil
1. Divide the sugar into 2 bowls with lids.
2. Drop 2-3 drops of red food coloring in one bowl.
3. Put the lid on and shake vigorously to color the sugar evenly
4. Add 1/2 cup coconut oil to each bowl.
5. Add 3-4 drops of Peppermint essential oil to each bowl.
6. Put the lid on and shake until well mixed.
7. Layer the red and white sugars.
If you are interested in getting started with essential oils to keep you healthy through the winter months, there has never been a better time! Be sure to check out the freebies I have available for those who sign up through me in December!