I whipped up this recipe for “pain relief cream” that I found on the 1000+ member private essential oils group I’m in on Facebook.
The group I’m in is such a blessing, because it is a place I can ask questions of long time essential oil users, or use the search feature to look for successful treatments to ailments, or post success stories that have worked for me.
I made this recipe because I have a couple of friends who are in almost constant pain. One is a cancer survivor and another is a friend from high school who was involved in a wreck and is suffering from whiplash.
I gave the cancer survivor a jar of my DIY pain relief cream, and here was her response to me in a private message:
Connie, I used the mixture last night, and the pain was much less!!! I just rubbed it on my back and my ribs, and it seemed to really help!!! Then I just now I was hurting in my back, rubbed it on, and man it is so much better!!! I think this will work!!!
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to meet my friend who had the wreck, because she had to cancel going to our high school reunion since her back was hurting so bad. I am planning to meet her for lunch this week, and I have the cream already in my purse to give her.
Here is the recipe I used:
DIY Pain Relief Cream
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (solid)
- 10 drops Young Living Valor
- 10 drops Young Living Peppermint
- 10 drops Young Living Pan Away
1. Combine ingredients and whip together with mixer.
2. Place in glass container, and use sparingly as needed.
3. Keep out of reach of children. (Contains small amounts of wintergreen, or methyl salicylate. Topical application of methyl salicylate can be hazardous if it is smeared over 40 percent of the body, if someone has a skin condition or if another medication interacts negatively with the products.)
These essential oils are only available through Young Living, and each one above comes in the Premium Starter Kit. If you have been hearing about what a fantastic product Young Living has and have been considering joining, there has never been a better time! I add all members who sign up with my member number, #1908386, to the private 1000+ member Facebook page, so you will have plenty of support as you start your journey into essential oils.
Plus, I also send all my sign ups this 485 page Essential Oils Pocket Reference (a $25 retail value), which includes the uses and safety precautions for every oil Young Living sells.