Can we be real for a minute?
Homeschooling is hard. Really hard.
Like there are some days when I don’t know what I was thinking when I committed to doing it. Like there are some days when I don’t think I can make it to graduating all these kids. Maybe not even to May. And sometimes I find myself just trying to hang on until Christmas break.
That’s why the founder of The Homeschool Moms’ Winter Summit, a homeschool mom herself who has graduated 4, planned the event to take place every year during the dark months smack in the middle of winter.
And now The Homeschool Moms’ Winter Summit is quickly approaching, and I couldn’t be more excited! This is my all time favorite event every year, and here’s why:
- I get to hang out with homeschool moms who have graduated all their students and are still standing tall.
- I get to pick the brains of homeschool moms who are a little farther down this road than I am.
- I get to laugh until I cry with other moms who are going through the same exact season of life I am.
- I get to hear homeschool moms being real about their struggles, their fears, and their failures.
- I get to encourage homeschool moms who aren’t quite as far along as I am.
- I get to pray and sing praises to the Lord with all these beautiful ladies.
Truly, this one weekend is such a breath of fresh air, such an energizing boost, such an encouraging experience on a deep, deep heart level, that I look forward to it all year, knowing that it will give me the vision I need to make it through May.
And now The Homeschool Moms’ Winter Summit is having a virtual Facebook party, from 9-10:00pm CST tonight, December 1st, to introduce us to all the speakers (I’m one of them!) and offer one participant HALF OFF your registration! It’s so easy to attend. Just click “going” at the top of the event page, tuck the kiddies into bed, put on your comfiest pajamas, open up your laptop, and jump into the discussion to be entered to win. (For an extra entry, invite your friends.)
See? Easy, peasy, mac and cheesy! Whether already registered, or planning to soon, one participant will get to attend The Summit for HALF PRICE! It might as well be you, right???
And if you don’t win half off, I still have a deal for you. At check, use the discount code “Smockity10” to get $10 off!
I’ll see you at The Summit!
(*I don’t get paid at all for promoting this non-profit ministry. The other team members and I even use our own money to buy door prizes and make casseroles to help feed the speakers. I am just so in love with this ministry that I can’t help sharing it with you!)